Shadowfax (LFS server) is in need for a new home

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Oct 23 15:28:09 PDT 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:00:28 +0000 (UTC)
gerard at linuxfromscratch.org (Gerard Beekmans) wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Shadowfax, the main linuxfromscratch.org server, is in trouble.

Oshit.

> As you can see, LFS needs a new home. We've tried contacting some ISPs
> but nothing worked out. Either we don't get a response at all, or a
> rejection.

Id offer, but I have only a DSL line...

of course, if the LFS community want to sponsor me a new SDSL 8MBit
line...

> though cutting out FTP and HTTP will probably leave us with only a few
> dozen MB's a day. Email doesn't take all that much).

Why not just do it anyhow? all the packages we use are hosted in decent
places anyway.

> While LFS will be limping around a bit (pardon the pun) I'm requestion
> assistance from you LFS'ers. Is there anybody on this list who is able
> to co-locate the LFS server?

Have you tried a whip-round of our mirror hosts?

> Then the mailinglists archives: I don't want to burden Jesse's box too
> much (regenerating the mailinglist archives daily is very CPU and I/O
> intensive and it also uses up a lot of bandwidth (currently 10
> GB/month or something like that).

as long as we keep the data - it'd be a crime to lose it!

Post this to slashdot...
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org