DNS Problem Solved

Axel axel.azerty at netcourrier.com
Thu Oct 24 15:11:33 PDT 2002

I have found where is the problem.
During lfs installation, i compared the redhat nsswitch.conf file with the
LFS nsswitch.conf. I remember that I didn ' t notice DNS use in the lfs
file.

in the redhat file there is mention of DNS for resolving hosts, (in addition
of nis and files use for resolving)
in redhat file:
hosts: files nis dns

in lfs file,only the mention "files" exists.
i added "dns" as following and it works well...

hosts: files dns

Posted this message in lfs.dev to suggest an update of the nsswitch.conf
file to enable name resolving.
thank you all for your help, and excuse me for my english.
Hope this will help LFS.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org