Shadowfax (LFS server) is in need for a new home

Marc Brekoo marc at brekoo.no-ip.com
Thu Oct 24 19:12:11 PDT 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 23:33:36 -0600, Gerard Beekmans
<gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Well another reason for it is that the official sites might go down at
> any time. LFS doesn't go down as long as I'm around to mother the
> server so the tarballs are always around. It wasn't done out of a
> hand-holding perspective, just simple and pure convenience.
>
> It's just easier getting it from one place. I personally don't
> particularly enjoy having to go to a dozen sites to get all the files.
> Then you get busy logins, have to find a mirror, hope the mirror
> carries the latest release and so on (remembering KDE annoyances
> trying to grab the latest version somewhere).
>
> But, hey, my annoyance might be something you look forward to. To each
> his own eh ;)

Why don't we provide the users a script which uses wget to download all
the packages from their original sites? Such a script could be made in
say, 15 minutes... This way we all get what we want: the lazy can run
the script, others can do it by hand.

Just a thought,

	Marc.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org