findutils segfault patch

Richard Lightman richard at nezumi.plus.com
Fri Oct 25 01:42:54 PDT 2002

* Richard Lightman <richard at nezumi.plus.com> [2002-10-25 09:27]:

Oops: I just checked, and found I have a different patch from the
one on LFS. For the correct patch, the anseer is:

The old code did not handle negative number correctly in
findutils-4.1-orig/locate/locate.c: get_short

To trigger the bug, you would have to create the locate database,
and probably use it too. I have never spotted the bug because my
system runs find quickly, and I change things often enough to
make the database out of date too often.

Take a look at:
info '(find)Reference'

Richard
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org