LFS 4.0 "You should not ...

Gert-Jan Timmer blackphoenixx at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 25 03:15:30 PDT 2002

I finished LFS 3.3 just before version 4 came out, (BTW, sorry for my bad
englisch)
and I had het same error, and I found an error in /etc/sysconfig/network
When I was making the networkscripts I made a typ error.

I typed GATEWAY=192.168.0.114 ( my own adres )
            GATEWAT=IF=eth0 ( in this line I made the mistake )

as you can see I made a big mistake I typed "=" in the second line in steed
of "_" so when I fixed it everthing worked fine without any errors.

So the only advive I can give you is to check every file that has something
to do with your network, expecially the files that you have created by your
own. I don't know if the file that I descriped also is in the LFS 4.0
edition.

Good luck

G.J.R. Timmer