Signatures for patches

Ken Dyke ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net
Fri Oct 25 09:47:06 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 02:55, Richard Lightman wrote:
> Could we have gpg signatures for the patches on LFS please?
> If possible I would like something done while there is still no
> confusion about where the main site is, and who runs it.

Excellent idea.  If LFS becomes a distributed mesh of nodes,
authentication will be the only way we have of verifying patches, and
other critical communications.  That is, aside from patches the use of
gpg signatures makes social engineering much more difficult (when used
properly of course).

--
I think, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer,