From glibc-2.2.x to glibc-2.3.x

Tushar T tush at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 25 10:04:48 PDT 2002

Chris Lingard wrote:

>zlib is out of place because I like to build Java, so ignore

The book should install zlib before gcc anyways. Won't cause problems
for users not compiling gcj. Will be convinient for users who do.

>bison is needed by the cvs gcc; once there is a standard release
>that builds, then this will probably not be needed

the gcc-3.2-glibc-2.3.1-compat patch worked for me.

>make install
>exec /bin/bash --login
>cp  /bin/bash  /static/bin/bash
>
>but it complains "text file busy", or silently fails

"install -m755 /bin/bash /static/bin/bash" should work.

>Could that configure-glibc be written in perl, such that the chroot
>script could start with #!/bin/perl;  in which case it could be run
>in the chroot environment?  Any suggestions

That would mean a static compile of perl. Would be ok, that way the
glibc-linuxthreads man pages can be installed when installing glibc:)

Anyways, I think MSB's solution is easier to implement.

--
Tushar Teredesai
LFS ID: 1377

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org