/tmp/*

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Mon Oct 28 04:17:00 PST 2002

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:35:49 +0000 (UTC)
jspinks at spamcop.net (James Spinks) wrote:

> > says. There's no way I see Gerard changing the scripts to risk
> > someone's data just to accomodate some people's notion of
> > "correctness". So you might as well stop arguing for it (of course I
> > know you won't :-), because _it's_not_gonna_happen_!

You mean theres no way gerards going to (in YOUR opinion) risk someones
data, rather than accomodate (what YOU THINK is) some peoples notion of
correctness.

sorry, but I dont like the way you wrote the above. it makes it sound
like you think you are right and everyone else is wrong.

You thinking /tmp is a sensible place to leave valuble data is as much
an opinion as my (and others) opinion that it should be wiped at boot to
allow the machine to function properly.

Of course, I could simply be failing to read between the lines, as
usual...
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org