/tmp/*

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Mon Oct 28 11:20:16 PST 2002

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:56:05 +0000 (UTC)
matthias at winterdrache.de (Matthias Benkmann) wrote:

> I'm sorry if this confidence drawn from logical reasoning annoys you.

Thats not what annoyed me. what annoyed be was that it was presented as
gospel that wiping /tmp was 'putting peoples data at risk', and that my
suggestion we should do it was somehow an anal notion of 'correctness'.

wheras, in fact, the reverse is true - just about everything else treats
/tmp as a dangerous place, so I doubt most people keep valuble data
there.

besides, as someone else pointed out, FHS (?) recommends /tmp be wiped,
too.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org