Possible correction in 4.0 - static grep installation

Denver Coneybeare dsconeyb at student.math.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Oct 28 21:44:41 PST 2002

Hi.  I am using LFS-book 4.0 to have some fun installing linux on an old pentium-166 box I have at home.

When installing gawk-3.1.1, the static version (in chapter 5) the configure script said that I did not have a compiler that could generate exectuables.

This was solved when I applied the patch in the exact manner explained in the dynamic instructions (chapter 6).

I got my sources from ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gawk and the patch from ftp.linuxfromscratch.org.

Hopefully this helps.  Thanks for writing such a wonderful guide.

Sincerely,
Denver Coneybeare
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org