From glibc-2.2.x to glibc-2.3.x

Tushar T tush at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 30 09:01:55 PST 2002

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

>ok now i know how to install it. I still don't know what it does ;)

Oh! I thought it was there in the hint!:) Here is the info:

    Prelink is being developed by Jakub Jelinek at RedHat to help reduce
    or cache relocations when starting binaries.  It primarily benefits
    binaries that perform a large amount of relocations, such as KDE and
    mozilla.  Basically, any large C++-based binary could probably
    benefit from prelinking.

How to prelink the system:

    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2001-10/msg00004.html

--