From glibc-2.2.x to glibc-2.3.x

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Oct 30 14:04:46 PST 2002

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 16:53:57 +0000 (UTC)
gerard at linuxfromscratch.org (Gerard Beekmans) wrote:

> I'm finding myself in between a rock and a very hard place. The
> "export them symbols" patch is the easiest and cleanest solution. I
> agree with that camp.

Why? it doesnt fix the problem, it just defers it until it crops up
again at the NEXT glibc version...

> I also try to aim at
> having a system using packages as the developers intended it. So I
> agree with the "LD_LIBRARY_PATH hack" camp too.

Did the guy who patched his static binaries to not use nss actually
succeed?

His method, if successful, would be the BEST route. /static is discarded
anyway, so we dont pollute anything in the new system.

alternatively, did the 'move the *nss* files and put them back later'
hack work?
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org