From glibc-2.2.x to glibc-2.3.x

Grant Leslie grantl at nbnet.nb.ca
Wed Oct 30 15:19:39 PST 2002

Ian Molton wrote:

> Did the guy who patched his static binaries to not use nss actually
> succeed?

If ya meant my little mygetpwuid.o hack.. no it didn't :-/ still segfaults
immediately on chroot|exec bash with glibc-2.3.1 installed..
Even tried just putting a couple dummy functions for getpwnam and getpwuid,
which returned NULL, imitating the result bash/tar/ls would get without the
nss_ stuff ( at least looking at the code in bash, thats what it seemed to
expect, to make it say "I have no name!!" ).

However, seems the static bins are still looking for something they expect to
find in nss, and not finding it...

"and he emited a homer simpsom DOH! after 4 hours"

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org