[website] favicon not visible

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Sun Sep 1 03:52:50 PDT 2002

I just noticed that the LFS website does not have the following in its
<head> section

<link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

These lines are necessary to ensure that every browser uses the favicon.
The way it is now I think only users of Internet Explorer will ever see
the favicon and I'm sure that's not appropriate for a LINUX from scratch
site :-)

And like most web servers the LFS server does not return the correct MIME
type for the favicon.ico which causes Mozilla to try to display it as text
when entering the favicon URL directly. The following should be added to
the top-level .htaccess

AddType image/x-icon ico

MSB

--