[website] favicon not visible

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Sun Sep 1 09:14:14 PDT 2002

On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 12:52:50PM +0200, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> I just noticed that the LFS website does not have the following in its
> <head> section
>
> <link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

That's okay. It also didn't pass W3C when I was learning about how to
use W3C (thanks to the little validator link you have on winterdrache)
so it's consistent. :) What exactly is the purpose of the favicon. I
have built some pages (I'm no HTML guy) by looking at other pages for
examples. Even did some css stuff. W3C validates both the HTML and the
CSS so I never worried about the favicon.

--
Archaic

--
The United States is in no way founded upon the Christian religion

- George Washington & John Adams, in a diplomatic message to Malta.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org