LDFLAGS=-static

Timothy Bauscher timothy at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Sep 2 11:58:58 PDT 2002

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 08:29:54PM +0200, Vassili Dzuba wrote:
> In chapter 5, the script to build some packages uses LDFLAGS=-static
> as a environment variable of configure, and other times
> as a parameter of make.
>
> Is there some deep reason do so ? For instance, does the declaration of
> the environment variable to configure works only in the packages for which
> it is used in the book ?

It was discovered that for some people, on specific software
packages only, LDFLAGS=-static as an arg to make was being
ignored. Thus, it is passed before configure now on these
offending packages.

I've discovered recently that it is also needed before static
gawk on my uclibc system. Perhaps setting LDFLAGS before
configure is something we should consider changing globally.

--
timothy(at)linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org