LDFLAGS=-static

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Mon Sep 2 11:53:17 PDT 2002

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Vassili Dzuba wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In chapter 5, the script to build some packages uses LDFLAGS=-static
> as a environment variable of configure, and other times
> as a parameter of make.
>
> Is there some deep reason do so ? For instance, does the declaration of
> the environment variable to configure works only in the packages for which
> it is used in the book ?

IIRC, there were a couple of pkgs that did not properly acquire and pass
the LDFLAGS from command line, put did get them from the environment. I
remember (I think) it was Timothy who either discovered or fixed or both?

Anyway, unless one of those packages has been fixed up, I gues it is still
needed in the environment in some cases.

All based on my memory - may not be the gospel!

> Vassili Dzuba

Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org