shadow chown(tty) - problem

Richard Lightman richard at nezumi.plus.com
Mon Sep 2 22:35:08 PDT 2002

* Dagmar d'Surreal <dagmar at speakeasy.net> [2002-09-03 06:08]:
> On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 15:00, Richard Lightman wrote:
> >
> > On a normal system, /dev/vcc/* is not chowned when a user logs in
> > to prevent things like spy capturing anything. I made spy to test
> > a new feature in conlogin (kill things like spy so /dev/vcc/*
> > can be chowned to the user who logs in).
>
> I'm just going to say one more thing about this...
>
> A backhoe.

I do not have a particularly agricultural background, so I had to
do a quick websearch to find out what a backhoe is. I have not found
any page on the web that explains how a backhoe can be used to change
the ownership of console devices, take advantage of such changes, or
work around the lack of such changes.

Could you explain please?

For people as ignorant as I was:
http://www.ssbtractor.com/backhoe.jpg