Static Bash Instructions

Timothy Bauscher timothy at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 3 10:13:06 PDT 2002

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 11:13:39AM -0600, Rob Park wrote:
> Personally, I think that once you read the book for the umpteenth time,
> the package contents are just needless hassle causing lots of scrolling
> between packages. I don't know how you guys maintain the book, but it
> seems to me as though it would not be difficult to simply provide a
> separate version of the book that drops the package contents, and leaves
> it in appendix a.

You're going in a foul direction. I'm only suggesting the
removal of package contents in chapter 5. This book is a
teaching tool first, the package contents should most definitely
be in chapter 6.

The reason for my desire to remove them from chapter 5 stems
from the fact that many are incorrect in chapter 5, and
maintaining a separate list of contents for chapter 5 would be
a waste of time, especially since most of them would be repeated
in both chapter 6 and the appendix anyway.

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish
and he will eat for the rest of his life."
-- Chinese Proverb

--
timothy(at)linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org