Static Bash Instructions

Rob Park rbpark at ualberta.ca
Tue Sep 3 11:18:17 PDT 2002

Alas! Timothy Bauscher spake thus:
> On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 11:13:39AM -0600, Rob Park wrote:
> > Personally, I think that once you read the book for the umpteenth time,
> > the package contents are just needless hassle causing lots of scrolling
> > between packages. I don't know how you guys maintain the book, but it
> > seems to me as though it would not be difficult to simply provide a
> > separate version of the book that drops the package contents, and leaves
> > it in appendix a.
>
> You're going in a foul direction. I'm only suggesting the
> removal of package contents in chapter 5. This book is a
> teaching tool first, the package contents should most definitely
> be in chapter 6.

That is why I suggested to make it a separate version of the book, so
that weirdos like you can keep your package contents ;)

> The reason for my desire to remove them from chapter 5 stems
> from the fact that many are incorrect in chapter 5, and
> maintaining a separate list of contents for chapter 5 would be
> a waste of time, especially since most of them would be repeated
> in both chapter 6 and the appendix anyway.

Right, and since I don't care about the package contents because I
already know them as well as I need to, why bother with them in chapter
6? They are simply repeated in the appendix! :P

> "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish
> and he will eat for the rest of his life."
> -- Chinese Proverb

"Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and
he will be warm for the rest of his life."
-- Anonymous

;)

--
Rob 'Feztaa' Park