Static Bash Instructions

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Tue Sep 3 20:06:06 PDT 2002

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Rob Park wrote:

> Alas! Ian Molton spake thus:
> > Billy O'Connor <billy at oconnoronline.net> wrote:
> > > Finally, the voice of reason is heard.
> >
> > Oooh! I dont get called that much! ;-)
>
> With good reason ;)
>
> > > LFS *is* package dependencies.  If you don't want to read about them,
> > > use a script to build the system.
> >
> > I /must/ second that.
>
> And I /must/ refute that. I do it manually to get full control, a script
> can never know what I want. I just don't want the book to be cluttered
> with info that has little use and that I already know.

That is a somewhat parochial view! There may be (are) many who do not know
what you already know and might appreciate having the "clutter" in a con-
venient (that is, sequential) format. There are many who are learning and
a small, controlled amount of intended repetition may increase the
learning rate and retention of information.

That may allow these noobs to someday in the future say "I just don't want
the book to be cluttered with info that has little use and that I already
know."!

> Rob 'Feztaa' Park
> http://members.shaw.ca/feztaa/

Bill Maltby