Static Bash Instructions

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar at speakeasy.net
Wed Sep 4 14:59:43 PDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 22:13, Rob Park wrote:

> And I /must/ refute that. I do it manually to get full control, a script
> can never know what I want. I just don't want the book to be cluttered
> with info that has little use and that I already know.

I think you're completely forgetting the newbies.  If the project
actually went the route you suggest and used _me_ as a measuring stick,
it could be printed on a single sheet of 8x11" paper, and be entirely
useless to newbies.  I like the file listings, and they should only be a
problem for people stubbornly reading the thing as one big long
textfile.  Build yourself a copy of lynx for pete's sake--even a
_printed_ book makes it easier to skip to the top of the next section
than having it as one giant continuous spool.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org