how to check dependencies of packages

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Thu Sep 5 08:15:16 PDT 2002

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 11:58:54AM +0200, Dieter Scholz wrote:
> For this project it's absolutly necessary to know what kind of dependencies
> a package has. I saw the dependencies list in the book, so here are my
> questions:

I imagine at least one way is to use strace while compiling a package
and then add all the dependencies you find from that into some sort of
database that the java installer can reference.

--
Archaic

--
[W]hat country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned
from time to time that [the] people preserve the spirit of resistance?

- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Col. William S. Smith, 1787

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org