how to check dependencies of packages

Dieter Scholz dieter_scholz at gmx.de
Thu Sep 5 09:30:32 PDT 2002

Hello again,

> I imagine at least one way is to use strace while compiling a package
> and then add all the dependencies you find from that into some sort of
> database that the java installer can reference.

If I get you right you would propose:

1 - use strace while doing the configure|make|make install process to find
out what files are requested (what system calls do I have to look for)

2 - create a database witch contains all installed files from all installed
packages (again, what system calls)

3 - compare the results from 1 with this database

If I'm right -> Are there any tools/scripts that could help me with this
process?

Dieter

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org