how to check dependencies of packages

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Thu Sep 5 09:17:09 PDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Dieter Scholz [mailto:dieter_scholz at gmx.de]
Sent: 05 September 2002 17:31

>Hello again,
>
>If I get you right you would propose:
>
>1 - use strace while doing the configure|make|make install process to find
>out what files are requested (what system calls do I have to look for)

[SNIP]

Does this mean that you would have to compile the package and have it
fail before you knew what dependencies it needed?

>Dieter

- Jamie Bennett     - 18 St Peters Terrace - jamie at linuxuk.org -
- Software Engineer - Lower Bristol Road   -                   -
- PCP Microproducts - Bath, England        -                   -
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org