LDFLAGS=-static

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Thu Sep 5 09:49:37 PDT 2002

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 18:35:48 +0200 "Nico R." <n-roeser at gmx.net> wrote:

> The problem does not appear if LDFLAGS are "export"ed before starting
> configure and unset after it. I don't know the cause, only the
> symptoms. Any ideas?

Whatever it is, it's certainly user error. A LOT of people have built
using these commands. They work. You should make positively sure that your
friend is running bash and not some other kind of sh. Has he tried the
commands again, using copy'n'paste?
We've had many many people who started their mails with "I've followed the
book exactly, but..." and in the end it turned out that they DIDN'T follow
the book exactly. They mistyped something. Sorry, if this sounds a bit
harsh but I find people who will always blame the book first quite
frustrating.

MSB

--
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org