kernel headers

Christophe Devine devine at iie.cnam.fr
Fri Sep 6 03:11:48 PDT 2002

In article <20020905221843.GA643 at ElCapitan.oval.net>, Mark Ellis wrote:

> Probably not a big deal since its never come up before, but for a sense
> of tidiness i propose copying autoconf.h, and while we're there
> compile.h, to /usr/include/linux after the kernel build in chapter 8.

You're right; the NVIDIA kernel module also needs /usr/include/linux to
be copied after the kernel compilation; otherwise the build fails.
It could be worth adding a note in the book, after chapter 8, saying :
" You may need to copy the kernel headers once again, if you plan to
build kernel modules for third-party vendors. "

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org