Potential issue - gcc/glibc locale related

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Sat Sep 7 08:16:55 PDT 2002

On Saturday 07 September 2002 07:31, Greg Schafer wrote:
> Because the book currently suggests that you optionally don't have to
> install the localedata, it may be appropriate for the book to include
> the switch in the gcc instructions for chapter 6:-
>
>         --enable-clocale=gnu

I think that's a good idea. I never install locales, and I think lots of
other people neither (esp. if you're native tongue is english).

> Coz if we don't, some folk are going to end up with "generic".
> Although, I don't think this is a big problem, but I have fears there
> may be some sort of ABI incomptibility in the C++ libs.
>
> The reason I discovered this is I don't generally install any locales
> and happened to notice that some libstdc++ tests were unexpectedly
> (XPASS) passing for some folk but not for me.

Does this mean I must recompile glibc _again_ and also every c++
program? With all your updates (keep m coming, btw!) we should need a
"how to upgrade your glibc/when to reinstall LFS"-hint! :)

--
Groeten/Greetings
Jeroen Coumans
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org