Issues I ran in to building the latest CVS (For those who care)

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Mon Sep 9 06:40:11 PDT 2002

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> Archaic wrote:
>
> >A lot of email seems to be prefaed with "I did
> >everything exactly by the book". If that is truly the case it will soon
> >become evident and fixed if proper error output is posted.
> >

> I agree in general, but I believe there are some human frailities at
> work here.  Many times, even when a person tries to follow the book
> precisely,  some things are overlooked.  I don't know how to address
> this, but I see it on the lists over and over.  Perhaps someone else ma
> have some insight.

You want opinions or facts? Opinions are much easier and lead to more
"spirited" discussions.

My opinion is you are 100% right - it is human fraility and there is
nothing you can do about them. Witness how many times Seth has had to say
"FAQ #......". People will get in a hurry, many are not professionals with
the scars to remind them to take care, some just do not have the
foundations yet laid to properly comprehend....

There is no solution AFAICT.

>   -- Bruce

Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com