Installing GCC-3.2 problem.

Kelledin kelledin at skarpsey.dyndns.org
Mon Sep 9 13:57:46 PDT 2002

On Monday 09 September 2002 03:54 pm, you wrote:
> Chris Lingard wrote:
> >Chris Lingard wrote:
> >>Matthew Burgess wrote:
> >>

> >>This is an unavoidable problem;  the chapter 5 gcc is
> >> building against whatever distro you use; so will put
> >> things in /static/lib/gcc-lib/....../include.  These may
> >> not be compatible with your new system.
> >
> >This is a worry.  LFS cvs is getting incompatible with a lot
> > of distos; only LFS is good enough to build them.
>
> Would it be safe to do a "rm -rf delete
> /static/lib/gcc/lib/..../include/*"? If so it could be added
> to the book.

The best thing to do would be to patch gcc so that it doesn't run
fixincludes.  This "fixincludes" thing is getting to be a real
hassle, and the more I think about it, the more I think it was a
bad idea from the start.

I'll check out how to turn off fixincludes as soon as I get some
free time.  That should be later tonight...

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org