Installing GCC-3.2 problem.

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Mon Sep 9 15:35:16 PDT 2002

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 03:57:46PM -0500, Kelledin wrote:
> The best thing to do would be to patch gcc so that it doesn't run
> fixincludes.  This "fixincludes" thing is getting to be a real
> hassle, and the more I think about it, the more I think it was a
> bad idea from the start.

Agreed. The way we use GCC in Chapter 5 kinda defeats the purpose of
the fixincludes logic. And now it seems it is causing more problems
than solving than them..  so lets piss it off.

It makes more sense to leave it in for Ch 6 (even though at least one
person on this list previously said it was fine to not use them in
Ch 6 either).

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org