problem getting the right permissions

Timothy Bauscher timothy at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 11 12:43:08 PDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 02:35:43PM -0400, Bill Maltby LFS Related wrote:
> For some, as we have seen in the past, the additional links are
> worthless. They will not even carefully read and understand what is
> already there. So the added workload on the editors of more links may
> not be offset by re-duced help requests, especially from the *very*
> few we have seen that cause this suggestion in the first place.
>
> Sounds like a no-win situation to me.

I'm not trying to insult anyone, I'm simply offering my opinion :)

1. The LFS book should be targeted towards medium to advanced
   linux users.
2. The purpose of this book is to educate. Education is
   not worthless, even if the opportunity to learn is ignored
   by the receiving party.
3. I have seen the education level of our "readers" drop during
   the short time I've been here. I believe this is due to
   hand-holding, which is leading to a copy+paste audience whom
   ask for help before attempting to solve a problem for
   themselves.

Those who do not wish to be educated should not be able to
finish the book.

--
timothy(at)linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org