procps site

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Wed Sep 11 17:19:53 PDT 2002

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 12:43:59PM +0200, Nicholas Dille wrote:
> i've been hunting a bug in procps 2.0.7 during the last hour and found
> that procps now has it's own sourceforge project page. now that isn't
> all that surprising ;-)

heh, well spotted!

> _but_ the tarball you get to download there (via the project homepage)
> doesn't match the one i got from the lfs server or from the redhat page
> listed in the appendix of the lfs book.

Hmm, that tarball appears to be the original one ie: before the redhat guy got
his hands on it.

> there's also a patch on sf which seems to be taken from debian but i
> don't know who the official maintainer is. it can either be that redhat
> guy or the those who registered procps on sf.
>
> anyhow it seems that the stuff on sourceforge is more actively
> maintained.
>
> any other input on that one?

It seems that the sourceforge one is indeed where (slow) new development
is happening. But for now, prolly best bet is to stick with what we already
have, but also keep an eye on the SF one for future developments.

What was the bug and did you find a fix?

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org