Potential issue - gcc/glibc locale related

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 11 19:35:41 PDT 2002

On September 9, 2002 07:52 pm, Greg Schafer wrote:
> I'll file an LFS bug soon (unless there is any objection).

Go ahead. It seems to be a very harmless change so it'll  make it into LFS-4
unless problems have been found with it in the last few days.

>  * if one skips the "make localedata/install-locales" thing and only
> installs a few locales by hand using localedef, then as long as one of
> those locales is "de_DE", there is no problem.

Why does it look for de_DE anyways? Is it just to see what kind of locales are
present and decide what model we have? If that's the case, it's poor
judgement relying on a locale that very few people may have. I'd check for
en_EN as that's most likely to be present on pretty much any system.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org