LFS-books on server

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 11 19:39:56 PDT 2002

On September 8, 2002 04:06 pm, ivo van doorn wrote:
> Het guys.
> I downloaded today the lfs book:
> LFS-BOOK-CVS-2002-09-07-HTML.tar.bz2
>
> But after opening it the book version:
>
> 2002-09-02
>
> was in it...
>
> This explained a lot of problems I had with compiling textutils...

Yes, like others have said. May just been a case of no checkins being done.
The index.xml file then still contains the old date. The filename reflects
the date & time when the tarball was generated, not the actual contents.

Now, sometimes changes are made on a day and the tarball you have don't
contain those changes. That's a matter of timing. Tarballs are generated
daily at 1 AM PDT. CVS commits that same day may be made up to 1 AM the next
day. So the tarball won't contain it yet until the next day when the
end-of-previous-day snapshot is generated.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org