Boot problem

Nicolas FRANCOIS (AKA El Bofo) nicolas.francois at free.fr
Thu Sep 12 16:27:45 PDT 2002

Le Fri, 13 Sep 2002 01:22:55 +0200 Jens Gutzeit <jensemann at lfsforum.org> a
écrit :

> Am Fri, 13 Sep 2002 01:03:47 +0200
> Nicolas FRANCOIS (AKA El Bofo) <nicolas.francois at free.fr> schrieb:
>
> [..]
>
> > While booting, I receive a [FAILED] during the "mounting other file
> > systems" process. Where can I find informations about what is failing
> > ? Mind you, everything is working fine after this, so it is not a
> > great problem.
>
> Hi
>
> Have you created your mount points? If yes, try to mount by hand, if it
> didn't work you get a better error message which tells you what is wrong
> with your system, if no, create them, then it should work.
>
> BTW: those questions should be asked on lfs-support not lfs-dev.

I come from the old system and never got the chance to understand the new
one. You mean BLFS-support, don't you ?

Anyway, a "mount -a" from outside the boot works fine, the script works
fine when launched in a terminal... All my mount points look present,
don't they ?

Sorry for inconvenience on the wrong source of problem : it's not REALLY a
build problem, I agree, but I felt it more convenient here than in BLFS.

\bye

--

                   Nicolas FRANCOIS
            http://nicolas.francois.free.fr