procps site

Nicholas Dille darkyeti at gmx.net
Fri Sep 13 04:03:05 PDT 2002

On 2002-09-12 10:19, Greg Schafer wrote:
> What was the bug and did you find a fix?

somebody contacted me about the crosscompiling hint because procps was
failing to compile. using the vanilla book commands worked wonderfully
but supplying opimization flags via 'make OPT="$CFLAGS"' sometimes broke
procps.
it seems that not specifying an optimization level caused the
compilation to fail, eg CFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686" worked like a charm but
CFLAGS="-march=i686" didn't.

the redhat guy never replied to my mails with detailed descriptions of
that problem.
but the code i found on sf does not have this bug.

hth,
nic.

--
rakshas at quietude // 7793747 // rakshas dot de
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org