CVS contains LFS-4.0

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Fri Sep 13 14:28:58 PDT 2002

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 03:35:41PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> What's in CVS now will be LFS-4.0. I haven't tagged it yet. First coffee, then
> a quick look to make sure no stupid mistakes have been made. Going to do one
> last test build, then I'll release it. I'm not entirely sure what time
> exactly. In about an hour or two I'm going over to family to say good-bye,
> farewell and all that, so look at a release time of late tonight EST. But
> I'll come tonight for sure. A test build only takes 80 minutes so it
> shouldn't take too long.

Hey Gerard, well done!

My only concern, a stack of commits in the last few days without much
testing by the masses. I know you've got the move and everything (good
luck!) but is the release a bit rushed?

Then again, we could look at it in the light of Redhat releases where the
*.0 releases are never as polished as they oughtta be :)

I s'pose there is always the possibility of LFS 4.01 or 4.1 just in case.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org