CVS contains LFS-4.0

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 13 20:09:21 PDT 2002

On September 13, 2002 05:28 pm, Greg Schafer wrote:
> My only concern, a stack of commits in the last few days without much
> testing by the masses. I know you've got the move and everything (good
> luck!) but is the release a bit rushed?

It is a bit rushed and I don't feel 100% confident about it (I've admitted to
this a few times in the past few days already). The just unraveled ncurses
library mess just proved that. Though most of the commits aren't huge changes
that would break things. This "superfluous *.so files" was the only big thing
that was messed up.

But, if I don't release it tonight we'll all have to wait a lot longer. The
problems we have now aren't that huge I don't think. Maybe sloppy and messy
but the system wouldn't really break. I rather release it now and get an
LFS-4.1 out asap after I get my stuff together after the move.

> I s'pose there is always the possibility of LFS 4.01 or 4.1 just in case.

Always. Still a bunch of oustanding bugs in Bugzilla.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org