superfluous /usr/lib/*.so symbolic links

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Fri Sep 13 20:38:37 PDT 2002

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 11:31:59PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On September 13, 2002 11:29 pm, Greg Schafer wrote:
> How about your zlib install? I personally think it doesn't need changing
> (everything in /usr/lib is fine with me)

Agreed.

Actually, my zlib is completely non-standard and of zero use here. The end
result in terms of lib location and *.so links is the same as current LFS.

The only (minor) nit is that as we now have utils in the / that link against
zlib (the cramfs stuff), so according to FHS and common practice, we could
look at moving the runtime libs:-

libz.so.1
libz.so.1.1.4

to /lib