Postponing LFS-4 release for one day

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 13 21:19:27 PDT 2002

Sorry folks, but after having given it some thought I can't really release the
book as-is without doing a little bit of testing with regards to these
symlink changes. I'm hoping some people can test LFS-CVS over the next 24
hours (I know Jesse said he'll do a test build in the morning) so when I come
back home tomorrow from work there'll be some reports on how the new
instructions work.

My own testing of just a few minutes ago show that the ncurses, bzip2 and
shadow installations work fine (ie: the shared libraries are found by the
linker) but I can't test different situations, so maybe you guys can test it
under a few scenarios.

If I come back tomorrow night from work and no breakages have been found, then
I can release LFS-4.0 in a matter of minutes. Everything is already set, I
just have to run one script to generate the files and put them in the proper
directories. That script only needs 5 minutes to run at the most, so it can
be done quick and immediate as soon as I know the symlinks are OK.

So, check out CVS now (date should read 20020914) and test it please.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org