superfluous /usr/lib/*.so symbolic links

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 14 02:29:13 PDT 2002

On Fri, 13, Sep, 2002 at 08:36:38PM -0700, Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee spoke thus..
> Yo,
>
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 11:31:59PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> > How about your zlib install? I personally think it doesn't need changing
> > (everything in /usr/lib is fine with me)
>
> Uh, wouldn't that break one of the reasons we added zlib to the book
> then?  (util-linux the cramfs stuff)

/me nods.  From my understanding of it we should probably move the
dynamic zlib libraries to /lib.  Either that or move the cramfs stuff to
/usr (but I'm not convinced that's a viable option).

Mark

"I once absent-mindedly ordered Three Mile Island dressing in a restaurant
 and, with great presence of mind, they brought Thousand Island Dressing and
 a bottle of chili sauce."
     Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org