problem getting the right permissions

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Sat Sep 14 06:24:23 PDT 2002

On Wednesday 11 September 2002 21:43, Timothy Bauscher wrote:
> 1. The LFS book should be targeted towards medium to advanced
>    linux users.
> 2. The purpose of this book is to educate. Education is
>    not worthless, even if the opportunity to learn is ignored
>    by the receiving party.
> 3. I have seen the education level of our "readers" drop during
>    the short time I've been here. I believe this is due to
>    hand-holding, which is leading to a copy+paste audience whom
>    ask for help before attempting to solve a problem for
>    themselves.

The eductaion level hasn't dropped, the book has become so easy that
more newbies are attracted to it. So we should either make the book
harder again or try to fill in the gaps of pointers we've created.
Since Gerard has allready pointed out that a bug allready exists, please
take my posts as friendly yet firm reminders of the reasons this bug
exists!

--
Groeten/Greetings
Jeroen Coumans