Use of --enable-threads=posix in chapter 5

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 14 07:53:45 PDT 2002

On Sat, 14, Sep, 2002 at 10:44:30AM -0400, Zack Winkles spoke thus..
> Hi,
> I'm just curious as to why the --enable-threads=posix flag is used in
> chapter five. If I'm understanding its use correctly then it isn't even
> really necesary is it? Maybe it could be removed...

I was actually reading the changelog about this the other day and it was
added to remove ambiguity so that people *knew* which option was being
enabled.

Mark

"I got off at Durham... and fell in love with it instantly.  Why, it's
 wonderful - a perfect little city.  If you have never been to Durham, go
 there at once. Take my car. It's wonderful."
     Notes from a Small Island, Bill Bryson
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org