Vim installation

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sat Sep 14 18:33:41 PDT 2002

On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 03:08:55PM -0400, Zack Winkles wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-09-14 at 15:06, Zack Winkles wrote:
> > I was reading through the book and I noticed that we create a
> > /usr/bin/vi symlink, but the corresponding man page is still missing.
> > Shouldn't it be created as well? If I'm just smoking crack tell me...
> Oh yeah, and what about the creation of the /var/lib/vim directory. In
> the second set of instructions we tell vim to use that directory but we
> don't create it... WTF?

Re the man page. Woah, this ain't debian! Lets not get all anal retentive
about it :)

Re the /var/lib/vim. This has definitely come up before (in fact I think it
was me who raised it many moons ago). I looked into it at the time and
concluded that vim wasn't even using the localstatedir (this may have changed
with recent vim's) so the inclusion of the FHS notes may be completely bogus
and unnecessary.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org