Part I of the book out of date

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Sun Sep 15 03:13:05 PDT 2002

Part I of the book seems to be out of date. Example

"For example when you are told to run a command like ./configure
--prefix=$LFS you actually have to execute ./configure --prefix=/mnt/lfs"

While this is technically still okay (it's just an example) now that we're
building in /static, this should read

For example when you are told to run a command like ./configure
--prefix=$LFS/static you actually have to execute ./configure
--prefix=/mnt/lfs/static

I a similar vein, why is $LFS/usr/src assumed as the download and build
area? This directory is created in chapter 6. It's part of the target LFS
tree and if you create it at the beginning you get an error message in
chapter 6. $LFS/static/src or $LFS/static/usr/src would be a better
choice.

MSB

--
God is real, unless declared integer.