kernel headers

Matthew Gibbons mg018a0183 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Sep 15 04:10:42 PDT 2002

Had a similar issue recently developing device drivers for an embedded
processor. We are using LFS development hosts at work, and cross-compiling
to arm-linux. Problems arose when trying to use features in the kernel that
were enabled after building LFS, e.g. devfs support. We soon realised that
building modules was something that needed to be done against the kernel
headers (i.e. those in /usr/src/linux) and not the glibc-headers (i.e. those
is /usr/include). OK, so /usr/include contains some kernel headers, but this
is for user-space development.

Hope this helps.

Matthew

news:20020905221843.GA643 at ElCapitan.oval.net...