Get rid of (information for) lazy people

Paul W. Adams zrexx12r at optusnet.com.au
Sun Sep 15 07:50:08 PDT 2002

Mathias,
                After 23 years in IT & T support, I may be able to shed some
light on why people may not have done the 'preparatory work as thoroughly
as you are capable of.
1. Pressure of deadline
2. Uncertainty of where to start.
3. Confusion as to purpose and intent of product.
4. Peer pressure.
etc, etc.
all of which may be mistaken for laziness.
I am not sure what your metric is for the measurement of others'
laziness, I am sure such a judgement has been carefully evaluated,
but in the 3,789 emails that I have received from ALFS, BLFS, & LFS
since I started using LFS 3 months ago, I have been unable to find an
example of 'laziness'... still as you get older, you have a greater memory
of your own failings.

Kind Regards,

Paul W. Adams
aka  'great-grandfather programmer from hell'