Get rid of (information for) lazy people

Tushar Teredesai tush at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 15 07:55:31 PDT 2002

Max van de Wiel wrote:

>Of course its LFS's job and goal; read the chapter about who should read
>this book: "...The most important reason for LFS's existence is teaching
>people how a Linux system works internally. ... "

No its not! If one doesn't understand how Linux works externally, how
can the person appreciate the internals! If I have never driven a car,
opening the car to see how the internal parts are connected won't mean
anything to me.

>>Yes, telling people to read this stuff is going to scare away some of
>>them. It's going to scare away all the people who are lazy and prefer
>>wasting everyone else's time on lfs-support to learning stuff themselves.
>>Good riddance!
>>

>Do you really believe lazy people who arent intrested in linuz wast one
>second on LFS. I dont believe in this lazy stuff: yekyekyek LOL

By lazy people, I think he is referring to people who get an error,
don't try to understand what it is and post to the support lists.

>>And if we make this change, we can probably simplify a lot of the rest of
>>the book, too, because we don't have to consider Joe Ignorant anymore.
>>

>Dont forget: you where once Joe Ignorant.

Yeah, that is why we started with distros that held our hand initially
(Slackware, Mandrake, etc.)

Just my opinion.

I think the part about LFS goals should be changed to add "people who
have some expeirience in using and maintaining linux".

--
Tushar Teredesai
LFS ID: 1377

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org