Get rid of (information for) lazy people

Max van de Wiel maxvandewiel at tomaatnet.nl
Sun Sep 15 10:47:28 PDT 2002

Tushar Teredesai wrote:

> Max van de Wiel wrote:
>
>>Of course its LFS's job and goal; read the chapter about who should read
>>this book: "...The most important reason for LFS's existence is teaching
>>people how a Linux system works internally. ... "
>>
> No its not! If one doesn't understand how Linux works externally, how
> can the person appreciate the internals! If I have never driven a car,
> opening the car to see how the internal parts are connected won't mean
> anything to me.
Yes it would; cease you can be intrested in the in-depth technics of the
car, not being intrested in driving one!!!
Anyways: I thought open source ws to prevent people from investing to much
time learning the same things autodidact. The thing is; you can learn
faster exchanging knowlidge if you share your competence whit others.
Anyone could learn to compile a linux system from scratch; you dont need
LFS for it; what i am saying is: you are telling all these support stuff is
useless ceause someone can gain the knowlidge by reading a lot. LOL twice

>>>Yes, telling people to read this stuff is going to scare away some of
>>>them. It's going to scare away all the people who are lazy and prefer
>>>wasting everyone else's time on lfs-support to learning stuff themselves.
>>>Good riddance!
>>>

>>Do you really believe lazy people who arent intrested in linuz wast one
>>second on LFS. I dont believe in this lazy stuff: yekyekyek LOL
>>
> By lazy people, I think he is referring to people who get an error,
> don't try to understand what it is and post to the support lists.
You can dig into huge paperwork and finaly find out what went wrong; but
whats the use when someone else has the answer to it; it comes to this; you
share what you know or dont participate.

>>>And if we make this change, we can probably simplify a lot of the rest of
>>>the book, too, because we don't have to consider Joe Ignorant anymore.
>>>

>>Dont forget: you where once Joe Ignorant.
>>

> Yeah, that is why we started with distros that held our hand initially
> (Slackware, Mandrake, etc.)
You wont lern a thing from these distro's except the special rules which
come whit each of them.

--
Max van de Wiel
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org